Are you curious how Seth Feroce trains his shoulders? Do you want to know exactly how Seth designs his shoulder workouts to build size and strength? Then you’ve come to the right place.
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn the exact workouts that Seth Feroce uses to train his cannon-ball delts for size and strength.
Seth Feroce trains his shoulders once per week using anywhere from 5-9 different exercises. Seth says the shoulders respond really well to different high-intensity techniques like supersets and tri-sets, so he almost always includes them in his shoulder workouts.
Seth says the shoulders are a very complex muscle group, and the only way to get fully capped shoulders is to train them on their own separate training day.
Like most bodybuilders, Seth Feroce trains using a 5-day training split. Check it out:
The Seth Feroce Training Split
- Day 1: Chest
- Day 2: Back
- Day 3: Off
- Day 4: Shoulders
- Day 5: Legs
- Day 6: Arms
- Day 7: Off
Seth Feroce likes this training split because it allows him to focus on just one muscle group per workout. This is the only way he can perform his high-volume workouts, where he hits each muscle group with 4-6 different exercises at a time.
When it comes to training the shoulders, Seth likes to focus on different isolation exercises like dumbbell lateral raises, plate front raises and rear delt cable flyes. He says that you have to really isolate each head of the delts for maximum growth.
Here is a perfect example of how Seth Feroce likes to design his upper back workouts. Check it out:
Seth Feroce Shoulder Workout #1
- Exercise A1: Bent over reverse DB fly, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise A2: Standing DB lateral raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise A3: Alternating front DB raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1-2 minutes rest
- Exercise B1: Machine overhead press, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise B2: Machine lateral raise (straight arm), 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1-2 minutes rest
- Exercise C1: Cable lateral raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise C2: Cable front raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise C3: Cable lateral raise (behind the back), 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise D1: Rope face pull, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1-2 minutes rest
Here is the training video:
Talk about a high-volume shoulder workout! Seth Feroce performs a total of 9 exercises for his front, side and rear delts. This is an unbelievable amount of volume. However, it’s not completely unheard of, either.
Most professional bodybuilders have figured out that the shoulders require more overall volume than any other muscle group for maximum results.
Seth focuses on different shoulder isolation exercises as this is the best way for him to perform high-volume workouts without beating his shoulders up too much.
“My right shoulder gives me trouble. That’s why you don’t see me do a lot of crazy heavy presses.”
During the workout Seth uses many different high-intensity techniques, including supersets and tri-sets. These techniques are great for building muscle mass because they extend the time under tension of your sets and force your muscles to work longer than normal.
Seth says he always likes to focus on his rear delts during his first tri-set, as he wants his rear delts pre-fatigued before he performs any heavy pressing exercises.
“My goal here is to fill this motherfucker up so that it is round and full, so that my next exercise, when I work in the presses, I don’t have to use that crazy heavy amount of weight.
I can make that mind-muscle connection with every exercise from here, hit it and move on from there.”
Here is another high-volume shoulder workout that Seth Feroce performed on his own. Check it out:
Seth Feroce Shoulder Workout #2
- Exercise A1: Standing DB lateral raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise B1: Seated barbell overhead press, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise C1: Cable upright row, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise D1: 30 degree prone DB reverse fly, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise D2: Standing plate front raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1 minute rest
Here is the training video:
For this workout Seth performed 5 total exercises. This is still a high volume workout, but it’s nowhere near the amount of volume from the first workout we looked at.
Seth uses some unusual exercises in this workout, including cable upright rows and plate front raises. Seth says that you can target different parts of your shoulders on the upright rows just by changing your grip.
“When I do upright rows with a narrow grip, I feel more of my rear delts being hit. I can feel myself squeezing at the top.
When I pull high to my chin with a close grip, I get that 7th look from the sides and I can feel my rear delts popping.”
The front plate raise is another shoulder isolation exercise that Seth Feroce really likes. He says too many people overthink their training – just get in the gym and go after it!
“We’re doing plate front raises. Just go to failure. Just keeping fucking going. Just keeping going and going and going.
Use the mirror as your motivation. See all the shit coming out, all the feathers, the veins, I love that. Sweat the week out, get your mind in the zone, and push it!”
Here is a shoulder workout that Seth Feroce performed with IFBB pro Vincenzo Masone. Check it out:
Seth Feroce Shoulder Workout #3
- Exercise #1: Hammer strength overhead press, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise #2: Standing DB lateral raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise #3: Viking press, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise #4: Reverse pec dec, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise #5: Barbell upright row, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise #6: Standing DB shrugs, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Here is the training video:
Seth Feroce and Vincenzo Masone have a very similar training philosophy. They both like to perform high volume workouts, and they both like to use different high-intensity techniques like supersets and drop sets to increase the intensity of their workouts.
Here is Seth Feroce talking about his overall training style:
“I fell in love with the high volume training, the crazy intense drop sets and shit like that because I wanted to make things harder. I thought the harder my training was, the better I’d look.”
Finally, here is one more Seth Feroce high-volume shoulder workout that you can try. Check it out:
Seth Feroce Shoulder Workout #4
- Exercise #1: Lateral DB raise (hands in front), 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise #2: Lateral DB raise, (hands at hips), 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise #3: Bent over DB reverse fly, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1 minute rest
- Exercise #4: Machine overhead press, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise #5: Machine lateral raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1 minute rest
- Exercise #6: Plate lateral raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, no rest
- Exercise #7: Plate front raise, 4 sets of 8-15 reps, 1 minute rest
- Exercise #8: Plate bent over reverse DB fly, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Exercise #9: Cable rope face pulls, 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Here is the training video:
Seth Feroce says that he didn’t have a specific plan when he walked into the gym. He just pre-exhausts his shoulders with different isolation exercises and then performs whatever other exercises he wants, based on how he’s feeling.
“With this workout I just went with how I felt, and I did as many reps as humanly possible. That is my goal here. So, push myself to failure, push so much blood into my shoulders that it just hurt.”
Seth Feroce’s instinctive training style may not work for everyone, but it’s certainly worked for him, and at the end of the day, that’s all that really matters.
Seth Feroce trains his shoulders back one day per week on its own separate training day. He likes to perform 5-9 different exercises per workout to really isolate the front, side and rear delts.
Seth likes to start his shoulder workouts with different isolation exercises, such as front, side and rear dumbbell raises. After that he performs one overhead pressing movement, followed by more shoulder isolation work. It all depends on his mood and how he is feeling that day.
If you are an advanced bodybuilder and you respond well to high-volume training programs then you have to give Seth Feroce’s shoulder workout a shot. It may be just what you need to take your training to the next level.
“When you’re by yourself at night, putting your head on your pillow, when it’s you by yourself, You have to have that superhero moment! You have to have those visions – that’s how fantasy turns to reality!
You don’t have to be intense like me, but you’ve gotta have that feeling about something in life! That’s how all this started for me – I dreamt about it. I daydreamed!”
Thank you for reading and I wish you the best of luck on your strength training journey!
What’s going on! This is my own personal training log. Follow along as I train to become The World’s Strongest Natty Bodybuilder! Also, check out my NEW online coaching program: DC...
What’s going on! This is my own personal training log. Follow along as I train to become The World’s Strongest Natty Bodybuilder! Also, check out my NEW e-books: The Dr. Mike Training...